ESOV Swing Check Emergency Shut-off Valve
ESOV series ANSI flanged swing-check valves with fusible links are designed to provide a simple yet effective method of closing in an emergency or hazardous...
ESOV series ANSI flanged swing-check valves with fusible links are designed to provide a simple yet effective method of closing in an emergency or hazardous situation. The valves are designed with an external spring load and held in the open position with the fire-sensitive fusible link. The valve will automatically close when the link melts due to fire or high temperatures. The external lever rotates the hinge pin which drives the disc into the closed position, stopping the flow of the liquid, gas or vapor.
• Local and/or remote actuation
• Fire-Safe fusible link
• Economical solution for required safety
• Can be used in horizontal and vertical service
• All valves are factory tested to API 598
• Back pressure ensures a tight seal between the disc and seat
• Once closed, the valve can ONLY be reset manually as a safety feature TYPICAL APPLICATIONS
• Off-shore oil rigs
• Chemical process equipment
• Water and Waste applications
• Superheated steam lines on ships