High temperature petrolatum tape
Denso Hotline Tape is composed of synthetic fabric impregnated with a special blend of high temperature petrolatum, mineral fillers and a clear polyethylene backing. A specifically developed tape for use in high temperature applications. Ideal for pipe work above or below ground, underneath pipe insulation or for pipes laid in concrete.
• Wide range of service temperature (up to 230°F)
• Applied to marginally prepared surfaces (SSPC SP 2-3)
• Can be applied to hot, cold and wet surfaces
• Conforms to irregular shapes and profiles
• Resistant to water, acid, salts & soil organics
• Encapsulation of lead paint
• Contains no solvents
• Easy applications from arctic to tropical temperatures
• Ready for immediate service after application
• No primer required above 90 degrees F
Prepare surfaces by removing all loose scale, rust or other foreign matter in accordance to SSPC SP2 “Hand Tool Cleaning” or SP3 “Power Tool Cleaning”. High pressure water wash of 3,000 – 7,000 psi is also suitable. Spirally wrap the tape with a minimum 1″ overlap. For severely corrosive environments, a 55% overlap is recommended. While wrapping, press air pockets out and smooth all lap seams. Where tape rolls need to be joined, ensure that the overlap is sufficient between rolls to provide continuous protection.
Irregular surfaces such as valves, flanges, etc. may require the use of Densyl Mastic or Denso Profiling Mastic. Refer to the product sheets for these specific products for information on application and selection.
Call 877-373-0118 to speak with a product specialist.