Protective UV Fiberglass Outerwrap
Denso UV Glass Outerwrap is a fiberglass cloth impregnated with a water activated resin that is used as a protective outer wrap over Denso Petrolatum Tape. Available in White and Gray.
• Resists cold and hot temperatures
• Easy to apply, no mixing or messy clean up
• Resistant to water, acid, salts, or soil organics
• Can be applied underwater or to wet surfaces
• Minimal surface preparation required
• Quick, long term protective coating, ready for immediate service
• Contains no solvents
• Can be top coated for aesthetics
Prepare surfaces by removing all loose scale, rust or other foreign matter in accordance to SSPC SP2 “Hand Tool Cleaning” or SP3 “Power Tool Cleaning”. High pressure water wash of 3,000 – 7,000 psi is also suitable. Spirally wrap a layer of Denso Petrolatum Tape with a minimum 1″ overlap. For severely corrosive environments, a 55% overlap is recommended. While wrapping, press air pockets out and smooth all lap seams. Using rubber gloves, remove the Denso Glass Outerwrap from the hermetically sealed foiled pouch and soak in temperate water (salt or fresh) for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove and begin wrapping tightly, overlapping a recommended 50%.
Irregular surfaces such as valves, flanges, etc. may require the use of Densyl Mastic or Denso Profiling Mastic. Refer to the product sheets for these specific products for information on application and selection.
Call 877-373-0118 to speak with a product specialist.