All purpose petrolatum tape
A non-woven synthetic fabric tape fully impregnated with a neutral petrolatum compound. Corrosion protection of wet or dry pipes, flanges, valves and related surfaces. Densyl tapes are designed to withstand extreme temperature variations. The tapes provide long term corrosion protection to pipes, flanges, valves and related surfaces.
• Applied to marginally prepared surfaces (SSPC SP 2-3)
• Conforms to irregular shapes and profiles
• Can be applied to cold, wet surfaces
• Not effected by water, acid, salts or soil organics
• Encapsulation of lead paint
• Contains no solvents
• Easy application from arctic to tropical temperatures
• Ready for immediate service after application
• Meets AWWA C217 Standard
• Over a sixty-five year history of proven applications
Prepare surfaces by removing all loose scale, rust or other foreign matter in accordance to SSPC SP2 “Hand Tool Cleaning” or SP3 “Power Tool Cleaning”. High pressure water wash of 3,000 – 7,000 psi is also suitable. Apply a thin film of Denso Paste, which serves as a primer. Spirally wrap the tape with a minimum 1” overlap. For severely corrosive environments, a 55% overlap is recommended. While wrapping, press air pockets out and smooth all lap seams. For additional mechanical protection, an overwrap may be used to increase impact strength and electrical resistance.
Irregular surfaces such as valves, flanges, etc. may require the use of Densyl Mastic or Denso Profiling Mastic. Refer to the product sheets for these specific products for information on application and selection.
Call 877-373-0118 to speak with a product specialist.